Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Newbies


The spring through summer is the most exciting time for any MBA aspirant. The joys, heartbreak, the waiting are some of the feelings without which an MBA journey is incomplete. To get out that mundane 9 to 5 job and tread onto something new, something exciting, the eagerness in the hearts is definitely palpable. To get your ones hands on the latest management book, to equip yourself with all the financial knowledge, to learn the latest business terminology, you just want to do it all.

On my recent visit to crossword, this is exactly what I saw. Having secured an admission myself, I too was eager to learn the principles of globalization, the effect "the china price" was having on the world; the tarde, the exports, the imports, the foreign exchnage, they all seemed to excite me like never before. But what came as a surprise and a revelation was that I was not alone. Twenty othere mid-twenties like me were flocking the store to get the most read book on financial accounting or the best sellers on leadership or how to be creative!! incredible.. ah! this MBA fever has surely gripped another set of future leaders and I wish all the very best..